window.onload = resizeimg; function resizeimg() { if (document.getElementsByTagName) { for (i=0; i 400) { im.style.width = '400px'; } } } }

two stroke Arctic Cat triple - Hooper Built 1108cc motor

two stroke Arctic Cat triple - Hooper Built 1108cc motor

Postby kjchristopher » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:16 pm

The engine is being sold ready to run if you hook up a mixed gas source. So, the complete engine, which obviously is the done up Hooper build, 39.5mm pump-around carbs, V Force reeds, ignition and electric starter. I have a recoil starter separate - not currently on the motor.

The PTO clutch was new from Hooper in January 2010 and includes adjustable arms. I think I paid around $450 for that thing, but it works great.

The pipes are good.

There are three fresh cylinders as spares. They were redone by Millennium Technology back in the spring of 2010. Three fresh pistons as well. These are the ones drilled by Hooper. I checked the compression at the last event and the cylinders were even at just under 160. The engine has run great while I’ve had it, so the spares will likely never be needed unless you like to push the envelope. I used to jet slightly rich as insurance.

Several miscellaneous things. Spare ignition box. I think there is a magneto winding, but I’m not sure if it is from the lighting or ignition side. Bunch of jets and gaskets too.

Here is a link to a video of it in action. The sound isn’t synced up well, so the tach and audio don’t match up. But you can get a sense of how crisp it runs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD7yWeDAtqs
There is an HD option.

The motor runs great and is perfectly adequate and competitive in my sport. But, there is a site in near my region with a 92db limit and it is a big pain in the butt to pass sound with a two-stroke triple screaming at 8500rpm.

I’m in Los Angeles.

Hoopers new 1120 race kit, which seems the most comparable, is $7000 without carbs. For this one, which has a bunch of spares and includes the pricey carbs, I’m asking $3750, including shipping. I’m open to entertaining offers though. Need to fund the new parts...

kjchristopher@gmail.com
kjchristopher

Re: two stroke Arctic Cat triple - Hooper Built 1108cc motor

Postby kjchristopher » Thu May 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Price drop $3250 OBO.
kjchristopher

Postby kjchristopher » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:04 pm

How about $2500? Need this out of my garage.
kjchristopher

Postby kjchristopher » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:10 am

Sold! Thanks!
kjchristopher

Return to Classifieds